Sicily Travel Guide: What to Know Before You Go
Is Sicily said to be on the toe of Italy is a travelers delight?
Sicily: the tiny island has passed from one dominating power to another with remarkable frequency making him culturally and historically rich. It has been a crossroad of various civilizations since centuries and has been holding the signs of rich art and architecture from all.
People often misinterpret Sicily as a destination for beach lovers or newly-weds. It is not true. The place has many things to offer. If you would explore this land with a proper Sicily Travel Guide: you would be amazed to find the host of treasures this mini island is hiding in it.
It is not only the offerings, rather the dazzling diversity of landscapes and cultural treasures combined with the mild climate make this an attractive destination for much of the year. The island is not to be underestimated as a thriving destination. If you would look at it’s rich history: you would find that this small island once had attracted to the Phoenicians, the Carthaginians, the Greeks, the Romans, the Saracen Arabs, the Normans, the Swabians, the French and the Spanish by its exotic beauty.
Take your next break to Sicily and you must feel that you will have a holiday like no other. The varieties of things to see and do here would pay you back the every penny you spend here.
The grandeur of its natural beauty, lazing on its coast lines, visiting to it’s most mysterious capital Palermo, that holds much wonderment and, calmness of its old town are some of the bests not to be missed.
If you want to take your next break in Sicily Tour then this blog would help you a lot by providing you some of the most necessary information that would help you for the successful planning of your trip.
What To Know Before You Travel Sicily:
Anyone visiting Sicily should know the followings beforehand for the hassle-free and successful exploration of the island.
- Traveling to Sicily presents some culture shock.
- Most Sicilians don’t like to present themselves as Italians, rather they prefer to present themselves as Europeans.
- Don’t ask anything to anybody about Mafia. Mafias are a great threat to tourism in Sicily and you may not know that the person you are talking to belongs to Mafia or not.
- Remember: Siesta in Sicily is literally naptime for the entire city and for the visitors it is very annoying. During this hours the shops and restaurants close, businessmen go home for lunch and a nap, and people stay inside. Hence travelers should pay heed to the time of Siesta, those depending on the restaurants or hotels for their lunch.
- While on Sicily: try to visit some of the Grecian temples of historic importance to know about the rich history and culture of this tiny island. The temples like the Greek Temple of Segesta, dated to 5th century, is one of the world’s best examples of Doric architecture, and the ancient Greek Theatre of Taormina: the 2nd largest ancient theatre in Sicily should not be missed on your tour.
- Remember: the highway in the northern part of Sicily is smooth and a drive along the coast is like any western road. So you can take a faster drive here. But in the southern side, the condition of the roads is not so good and they are poorly marked. This is why always you are recommended for a GPS while driving in the southern part of Sicily.
How To Get There & How To Move Around:
Tourists can fly easily to Sicily . It has got three international airports which have been connected with the direct flights from many countries: most specifically form Australia and it’s other neighbouring countries. Fontanarossa in Catania is said to be the busiest international Airport in Sicily which alone witnesses more than six lakh tourists every year. In the peak season, many of the airlines provide special offers to attract the tourists for flying and booking well in advance for a airline to fly is an opportunity not to be missed.
In regard to the in and around discovery of Siclly , there is the public transportation like the buses and the trains: but they are too late in their operations and do not connect to almost all the thriving destinations of Sicily. For the smoothest exploration of this island hiring of a rented car (with the driver) much prior to your arrival in this land is recommended. Starting from receiving you from your airport to your hotel to taking you to different destination points and leaving you in the airport to fly back your home: these companies would be with you. If your luck supports: you can have a good English speaking driver who can be the best alternative to a guide.
When To Go
The best seasons to visit Sicily are the spring and the fall, when temperatures are pleasant; most likely you’ll still be able to bathe in the sea, and at the same time you won’t be oppressed by the summer heat when visiting the cities and sites. Summer is obviously the busiest season find crowded beaches and higher prices. The beaches here offer the opportunity for some of the most enthralling water sports and marine rich food. The sports and the cuisine must be loved by the people accompanying you on your Trip To Sicily.
End up your trip in Palermo: one of the Mediterranean’s great unsung destinations: the capital city of Sicily Island, known for it’s beauty and decay. While taking a short walk through the centre of town, you’ll pass through the sumptuous palazzos, elegant squares, chic restaurants, immaculate pastry shops, and enough artifacts left over by the various foreign invaders and all these altogether make your Sicily tour so enchanting that, you would not forget ever during your lifetime.
New Travel Services is one of the best commute experts which extend the Sicily Excursions mutually best of services also. We furthermore gave travelers the perfect information close but no cigar Sicily and the places to travel mutually the guide. We draw people rare by doing marriages in Sicily. We by the same token provide the newsletters. The travelers will feel ostentatious and distinctive through our services. Enjoy a unique get in the looking like a million surroundings of Sicily with us.
The island of Sicily, reside off the grand unification theory of Italy in the Mediterranean, seems in profuse ways impending a green apart. So if you are awaiting a go through that encapsulates the best parts of history from everywhere the world before Sicily Excursions is for you. Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and Twitter.